If you've been following this little blog, waiting patiently for it to return, you may have noticed that the URL is now http://www.basilsblog.com instead of http://www.basilsblog.net
Or maybe you didn't notice.
Actually, it doesn't really matter. When this little blog launched, back during George W. Bush's first term in office, I didn't have my own domain name. I did shortly afterwards, and bought both the .net and .com domains. I intended to have one as the primary one, and have the other as a redirect URL. I also changed hosts around that time. During all that clutter -- I want go into all the how this happened and how that happened because then we'd be here all week -- it worked out that basilsblog.net ended up being the URL of the blog. I really meant to change to the .com URL, but one thing or another -- no actual valid reason -- meant it stayed with the .net domain.
Well, as part of my recent consolidation of all my domains under a single registrar, I decided to finally get it right, and go with the .com address.
I have an email address under the .net domain, and that still works, but a .com version works now, too. It's easy when everything's under one registrar and they make it easy to configure it like you want. Well, easier.
Anyway, it's now basilsblog.com -- not that it means anything. Because the .net still works, only now that is the one that redirects to the .com address.
It's good to know everything else in my life is in order that I can fret over silly stuff like this.