- Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee: Obama 'more aggressive in fighting al Qaeda' than Bush http://bit.ly/8bdGnr #
- Rep. Peter Hoekstra (R-MI): "It is insulting that The Obama administration would make such a claim" http://bit.ly/8bdGnr #
- Wrong body found in great-grandmother's casket. And the relatives aren't the only ones burned up about it: http://bit.ly/7G7xHJ #
- I missed Idaho's Humanitatian Bowl win. When I got the color of the field correct, the players were purple: #
- Five Canadians killed by roadside bomb in Afghanistan http://bit.ly/8AhZj5 Somehow, George Bush is to blame #
- Obama, Pelosi, Limbaugh ... who isn't in Hawaii? Besides me. #
- World Champion Liar named. And, yes, I was as shocked as you to learn it wasn't Obama http://bit.ly/6e5cCO #
- Give MSNBC credit. Only 3/8 of their Limbaugh's hospitalization story were about his drug charges, which were dropped http://bit.ly/8Eohxv #
- Anyone surprised by the left's reaction to Limbaugh's hospitalization is probably naive enough to have voted for Obama. #
- The left does NOT have a monopoly on idiocy and hatred. Neither does Microsoft have a monopoly on operating systems http://bit.ly/8ZVA4f #
- Those vile comments the left has for Rush? They help me realize that, however tasteless or mean I can be, compared to them, I'm a saint. #
- Why doesn't a reporter ask if Jeff Goldblum has been hospitalized in Hawaii? Just to see if the hospital denies it. #
- Rush Limbaugh hospitalized. Obama blames Bush administration. #
- Remember when a shooting at a McDonald's was news, not just part of a story saying two shootings might be related? http://bit.ly/7ELgi0 #
- If you don't want water poured on Khalid Sheikh Mohammed but do want Rush Limbaugh to die, you might be a liberal. #
- Jim Traficant: I'm Going to Run For Congress http://bit.ly/5ZlAGB With his record, he should get a top position in the Obama administration #
- What's the difference between a terrorist who wants you to die and a liberal who wants Rush to die? The goat smell. #
- Max Baucus says he was sober http://bit.ly/7OggdS A sober Democrat = impaired anything else. At least, that is clear. #
- Which is worse: rising earlier on a day off work, or rising late on a work day? #
Thursday, December 31, 2009
I'm giving a rundown of the "best" movies (details about the list are here). I've done 210 of 222 so far. Now, the final dozen:
Overall, though, I'm glad I did this.
- Toy Story
#99 Top 100 (2007)
Saw it on DVD. Never cared to see it in the theatres. It was okay.
#98 Top 100 (1998)
#68 Top 100 (2007)
Best Picture (1992)
Clint Eastwood movie. Good film.
#61 Top 100 (1998)
#9 Top 100 (2007)
Jimmy Stewart and Alfred Hitchcock make an awesome team. Again.
- West Side Story
#41 Top 100 (1998)
#51 Top 100 (2007)
Best Picture (1961)
Definitely NOT the best picture of the year; "The Guns of Navarone," "The Hustler," and "Judgment at Nuremberg" were all better. Pretty good music, though. Although the dancing Puerto Ricans in the fruity-colored outfits is a bit odd.
- When Harry Met Sally...
#6 Romantic comedy
Not a bad film.
- White Heat
#4 Gangster movie
Top of the world, Ma!
- Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
#67 Top 100 (2007)
What a dump!
Best Picture (1928)
First movie (and only silent film) to win Best Picture. Actually, "Wings" and "Sunrise" each won Best Production awards ("Wings" won Most Outstanding Production and "Sunrise" won Most Artistic Quality of Production). In 1929, they combined the two awards (as Best Production) and said that "Wings" was considered the Best Production the previous year. As for the movie itself, it's a pretty good film.
- Witness for the Prosecution
#6 Courtroom drama
Good murder mystery. I liked this film.
- Wuthering Heights (1939)
#73 Top 100 (1998)
Never read the book. After seeing the movie, I don't think I missed out on anything.
- Yankee Doodle Dandy
#100 Top 100 (1998)
#98 Top 100 (2007)
Good film. And it's funny watching James Cagney sing and dance, after having him pigeon-holed as a gangster type.
- You Can't Take It with You
Best Picture (1938)
Jimmy Stewart and Frank Capra should be a can't miss. But, I just wasn't floored by it. Perhaps, after "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington" and "It's A Wonderful Life," I was expecting more.
Overall, though, I'm glad I did this.
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
- Jeff Dunham Show canceled http://bit.ly/8v2DXB I like his specials, but not that show. Except Walter's bits. Walter should get his own show. #
- B-plus gets an F http://bit.ly/88OgIk #
- Napolitano: U.S. will 'find and fix' system's vulnerabilities http://bit.ly/6uqrGp I'd begin with her. And her boss. #
- Which is worse: embarrassment from locking keys in house, or hypothermia from being stranded in 40-degree weather with no coat? #
- In case you're wondering whatever happened to Dale Earnhardt #
- I'm hearing they may have arrested the P-O-S that robbed my sister-in-law on Christmas Eve. Wonder if they'd release him to my custody... #
I'm giving a rundown of the "best" movies (details about the list are here). I've done 200 so far. Now, another 10:
- The Third Man
#57 Top 100 (1998)
Good film. Oh, and the theme is my standard ringtone on my BlackBerry.
- The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
#30 Top 100 (1998)
#38 Top 100 (2007)
Good movie. This is the one that does NOT contain the line, "We don't need no stinking badges." It's actually, "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"
- The Usual Suspects
Great film with a great twist.
- The Verdict
#4 Courtroom drama
Good Paul Newman vehicle. Worth a watch.
- The Wild Bunch
#80 Top 100 (1998)
#79 Top 100 (2007)
An okay western. Very good in places.
- The Wizard of Oz
#6 Top 100 (1998)
#10 Top 100 (2007)
Well, bust my buttons! Nobody should miss this movie. Not nobody, not no how.
#83 Top 100 (2007)
Best Picture (1997)
Okay, I admit, it was a pretty good film. My favorite part? When Leonardo DiCaprio sank.
- To Kill a Mockingbird
#34 Top 100 (1998)
#25 Top 100 (2007)
#1 Courtroom drama
It was a good film. I just didn't think it was as great as everyone else seems to think.
- Tom Jones
Best Picture (1963)
So-so film. It creeped me out when Tom seduced Mrs. Waters, who was played by the actress who played his mother in an earlier scene. The twist at the end is related to this. Still, creeped me the heck out.
#62 Top 100 (1998)
#69 Top 100 (2007)
Decent film. And one of the few movies with a lesbian kiss scene involving a man and a woman.