Anyway, here's a recipe you might enjoy. Seriously.
- One box (approx. 12 oz.) of vanilla wafers.
- One pound of candied cherries (red and/or green)
- One can (approx. 14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk. (Not evaporated milk; there is a difference. Don't find out the hard way.)
- One cup raisins.
- One cup coconut.
- One cup chopped pecans.
- Finely crush vanilla wafers. (A food processor works great for this.)
- In a large bowl, combine the crushed vanilla wafers and sweetened condensed milk.
- Hand mix until wafers are moistened.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Mix well by hand.
- Press mixture into a buttered tube pan.
- Refrigerate overnight, until firm.