- Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.
- And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre.
- And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.
- And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments:
- And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?
- He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee,
- Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.
- And they remembered his words,
- And returned from the sepulchre, and told all these things unto the eleven, and to all the rest.
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! ... Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater
Sunday, April 20, 2014
Easter Sunday 2014
Please choose a Profile in "Comment as" or sign your name to Anonymous comments. Comment policy
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
In the true spirit of this day let me wish you a happy Spring Holiday and may the Holiday Bunny bring you many Holiday Eggs from non-stressed free range chickens, or better yet many non-chicken produced artificial Holiday Eggs.ReplyDelete
Thanks Basil. Perspective.ReplyDelete
A man is driving along a highway and sees a rabbit jump out across the middle of the road. He swerves to avoid hitting it, but unfortunately the rabbit jumps right in front of the car.ReplyDelete
The driver, a sensitive man as well as an animal lover, pulls over and gets out to see what has become of the rabbit. Much to his dismay, the rabbit is the Easter Bunny, and he is DEAD .
The driver feels so awful that he begins to cry. A beautiful blonde woman driving down the highway sees a man crying on the side of the road and pulls over.
She steps out of the car and asks the man what's wrong.
"I feel terrible," ! he explains, "I accidentally hit the Easter Bunny with my car and KILLED HIM."
The blonde says,"Don't worry." She runs to her car and pulls out a spray can. She walks over to the limp, dead Easter Bunny, bends down, and sprays the contents onto him.
The Easter Bunny jumps up, waves its paw at the two of them and hops off down the road. Ten feet away he stops, turns around and waves again, he hops down the road another 10 feet, turns and waves, hops another ten feet, turns and waves, and repeats this again and again and again and again, until he hops out of sight.
The man is astonished. He runs over to the woman and demands, "What is in that can? What did you spray on the Easter Bunny ?"
The woman turns the can around so that the man can read the label. It says...
"Hair Spray. Restores life to dead hair, and adds permanent wave."
(And good one Jimmy.)
Happy Easter, Everybody!ReplyDelete