Here's the deal...
- All sales personnel will pool their sales ... and all bonuses from goals exceeded ... into a common pool. This pool will be divided equally between all employees: sales, administrative, maintenance, security, IT, and retirees. This will allow the company to spread the wealth around to all under-achievers.
- All lower level wage-earners will pool their wages, including overtime, into the common pool. It will also be divided equally among all employees. This will help those who don't work overtime to reap the rewards from those who do.
- Management will not participate in the pooling of income. Management simply makes and enforces the rules; management does not follow the rules.
- To compensate for this, management will give eloquent speeches to all employees every week, encouraging its workers to continue to work hard "for the good of all."
- Employees should be thrilled with these new policies because it's "good to spread the wealth around." Those who have underachieved will finally be rewarded; those who have worked hard and had success will feel more "patriotic," if you will, by knowing that others are benefiting from their hard work.
Anyway, I don't see a flaw in this plan. In fact, I'm thinking this could work on a national level.
Any other ideas to improve or expand this plan?