The Society Of St. Vincent De Paul is giving away 4 days in New York, a $3000 shopping spree, and a meeting with Bill O'Reilly, two tickets to a Yankees/Rays game at Yankee Stadium, two tickets to a Broadway show, and dinner at Bobo Restaurant with celebrity chef Patrick Connolly. Other prizes include a trip for two anywhere in the continental USA, two tickets to the Super Bowl, two tickets to the Major League All-Star game, and $1000 furniture shopping spree at Weekends Only.
Not a bad list of prizes. And the cause is a good one:
Now, I want to let you know that he's giving away a raffle ticket to a blogger. So, there's a drawing for a ticket to a drawing.
- Utility assistance, medications, medical transportation, car repairs, cars to the working poor, home repairs, free legal assistance, free budget assistance, hospital visits, prison visits
- Housing for homeless veterans and people with mental disabilities
- Aid for those who have been downsized, lost their jobs, suffered through a divorce, a foreclosure
- Food for the needy through 83 food pantries
- Furniture, clothing, household goods for those in need through our Thrift Stores
- Home visits to comfort and aid those who are suffering
Next, I want to say that I won't win the raffle ticket. Not because of long odds. But because if I do win the raffle ticket John's giving away, I won't keep it. I'll give it to someone who follows the link from this blog and buys a ticket. So, there's no ulterior motive for me. However, there's that extra incentive for you.
So, head over to RightWingNews and follow his links to Society Of St. Vincent De Paul. Even if you don't win, the cause is worth it.