Etymology: lunatic (1541)
1 a: insanity b: intermittent insanity once believed to be related to phases of the moon
2: wild foolishness : extravagant folly
3: a foolish act
The moon doesn't make people crazy. However, it sure does help point to crazy people.
Take Whoopi Goldberg. Please. Take her far, far away.
The former Captain Planet and the Planeteers star has questioned the moon landings. Really.
Personally, I'd like to see "Buzz" Aldrin take a shot at her. Like he did this idiot:
Aldrin, though, is too much of a gentleman to punch a woman. Even Whoopi Goldberg.
So, Whoopi thinks the moon landing was a hoax.
I wonder what else she believes?
- Vampires are real
- Republicans are not real
- Aliens landed at Roswell
- JFK was killed by LBJ
- Elvis is alive, working at a KFC in Memphis
- Dinosaurs killed off the Neanderthal
- The Wright Brothers faked heavier-than-air flight at Kitty Hawk
- JFK is alive and living in the Caymans
- Volcanos would be a great place to detonate hydrogen bombs
- Bush lied, people died
- Men in black are trying to read her brain waves
- Global warming causes frostbite
- Shakespeare wrote the screenplay to Homer and Eddie
- Walt Disney's frozen corpse stands in for Millard Fillmore in the Hall of Presidents at Disney World
- The face on Mars is hers
I suspect this list isn't complete. Anyone have any ideas what else she might believe?