Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Just Say No ...

So, the other day, I mentioned how wonderful things had gone: my son got his new computer and seemed really pleased. Well, that's still true. But, if you read that one, you saw where I said to not worry, that it wouldn't last. It didn't.

Seems that there's a bug going around. And it's now going around my stomach. That shot this week all to hell. Had to cut short my visit there and cancel plans to bring him here for a short visit. He doesn't need to get here and get sick. I didn't need to get sick, either, but that's how things happen. So, I loaded up, took drugs, and headed west.

Took drugs, you say? Well, actually I said it. But, yes. So, from a place that sells medicine[shameless link = buy stuff!] I had some Day-Quil. Actually, it was an equivalent. Contained all the same stuff. Now, you must realize that I don't do drugs very well.

You see, I've always had a little weight problem. Well, not actually. In high school, I was 6'2" and weighed 120 lbs. Well, I'm still 6'2" but weight quite a bit more. So, both the ex and I had weight "issues." She thought trying Dexatrim was a good idea. This was like nearly 20 years ago. Anyway, popped some of them and sort of followed directions. You know. Like you do. Yes, admit it. You don't always follow directions. You should. But you don't. Until something gets your attention. Dexatrim got my attention. Actually, it was the folks at the place where I worked. One Tuesday, they asked how I was. They all had this weird look in there eye. I was like, "I'm fine, why do you ask." And they're like, "You were acting a little different yesterday?" So I comment that Monday's aren't always my best day. Then they explained that "yesterday" was not Monday, but Wednesday. It seems I had missed two whole days. Oh, I was there. I just missed them. So, I learned to follow directions. Mostly. Oh, and I don't do drugs well.

Anyway, this was non-drowsy stuff, and I had a 4 1/2 drive ahead of me. It went very well. But I don't every recall seeing so many cars with blue lights sitting beside the road, just watching. And I think they were watching me. I drove so slow and careful, one truck passed me twice. Really. But, I made it. Ate a little supper, took more drugs (Acetaminophen 325 mg, Chlorpheniramine maleate 2 mg, Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 15 mg, Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 30 mg) and went to bed.

I remember getting up a few times. Once to reload the drugs, the rest for other reasons. (See, you should not always click on the links!) So, after the sun came up, I got up and decided to write an entry for the day. I don't know how many of these I might post while under the influence. Also, I tried to talk a little, but my throat is still sore. Plus, I'm only talking out of one side of my mouth. There's no voice coming out of the left side at all. I can hear out of that side, I just can't talk out of that side. I don't understand it.

Maybe it's the drugs.

1 comment:

Please choose a Profile in "Comment as" or sign your name to Anonymous comments. Comment policy