Basil has been abducted!
By his wife!
And he made the mistake of asking / letting me be a blog-guest ... which is like a house guest, but we don't compete for shower time.
I'll try and be gentle, this being our first time and all ...
* Hurricane : Emily slamming the Yucatan
... Yucatan says "harder, faster"
* Israel : Hamas says "Aggression will be returned"
... 'cuz we don't want it any more
From "The Advertiser" :
* Internet / Louisiana : Lafayette says yes to FTTH city-wide!
... I am jealous, and it hurt me to say "Internet" and "Louisiana" together
From Washington Post :
* SCOTUS : Bush to pick nominee "soon"
... I just want to let him know that I am ready, willing and available
* Iraq : Wave of suicide bombers "waging war against Shias"
... deadlier than water (... and condolences for the ~150 killed during the weekend)
From ABCNEWS :
* Internet : Staying English
... because, you know, that's the world's language
From the Internet :
* SCOTUS / Eminent Domain : Lost Liberty Hotel
... needs your help to evict SCOTUS' Souter
From FOXNEWS :
* Florida / Teacher+Pupil sex : Teacher pleads insanity
.. over and over and over
From GINDY :
* Venezuela : Chavez is a Socialist
... in other news, the sky is blue
From ZDNet :
* HP : Shedding ~15k jobs
... because the (cough) best way to save $ is to fire your IT & sales people
* China : Working on self-sustaining cities
... no word on making a self-sustaining nation
From Media Week :
* TV : Women control the DVR?
Can now watch Oprah ALL DAY LONG
From NIF (yes, it's a gratuitous self-plug - deal with it!) :
What did you do to celebrate this guy's 60th Birthday last Saturday? :