No, I aint' talking aobut how much you got to send Blue Hippo every week. I'm talking about the words and such that computer geeks use. Computer words. Computer phrases. Computer terms. Get it>?
Anyhow, it seems I was talking with Uncle Dave the other day, and we was talking about computers ... or so I thought. Turns out we were using the smae workds but not talking the same language, if you know what I mean.
Here's where the conversation went wronig.
Here's a list of comptuer terms that some folks might get
- Backup - what you do when you run across a skunk in the woods.
- Bar code - them's the fight'n rules down at the local tavern.
- Bug - the reason you give for calling in sick.
- Byte - what your pit bull dun to cusin Jethro. Also, that's what the flies do.
- Cache - needed when you run out of food stamps.
- Chip - pasture muffins that you try not to step in. Also, what to munch on.
- Crash - when you go to Junior's party uninvited.
- Digital - the art of counting on your fingers.
- Diskette - female disco dancer.
- Dot Matrix: Farmer Matrix's wife.
- Download: Gettin' the firewood off the pickup.
- Enter: c'mon in.
- Fax - what you lie about to the IRS.
- Floppy Disk: Whatcha git from pilin' too much firewood.
- Hacker - Uncle Leroy after 32 years of smoking.
- Hard Drive: Getting' home in the winter season.
- Hardcopy - picture looked at when selecting tattoos.
- Infrared: Where the left-overs go when Fred's around.
- Internet - where cafeteria workers put their hair.
- Keyboard - where you hang the keys to the john deere.
- Lap Top: Where little kids feel comfy.
- Log On: Makin' the wood stove hotter.
- Log Off: Don't add no wood.
- Mac - big Bubba's favorite fast food.
- Main Frame: Hold up the barn roof.
- MegaHertz: When yer not careful down loadin'. Also, how your head feels after 17 beers.
- Micro Chip: What's left in the bottom of the bag.
- Modem - what ya did when the grass and weeds got too tall.
- Monitor: Keepin' an eye on the wood stove.
- Mouse pad - what Minnie sends Mickey to the store for when 'Aunt Flo' visits.
- Mouse: Whats eats the horses grain.
- Network - scoop'n up a big fish before it breaks the line.
- Online - where to stay when taking the sobriety test.
- Port: Fancy wine.
- Prompt: What you wish the mail was in the winter.
- RAM: The hydrolic thingy that splits the firewood.
- Random Access Memory: You can't remember whatcha' paid for that new rifle when your wife asks.
- ROM - where the Pope lives.
- Screen - helps keep the skeeters off the porch.
- SCSI - what you call your week-old underwear.
- Serial port - a red wine you drink with breakfast.
- Software: Them plastic eatin' utensils.
- Superconductor - Amtrak's employee of the year.
- Terminal - time to call the undertaker.
- Windows: What to shut when it's cold outside.
Want more Whtie Trash Wednesday? Check out these fine places:
And Rightly So!
Feisty Republican Whore
It Is What It Is
Lost In Lima Ohio
Mean Ol' Meany
MY Vast Right Wing Conspiracy
Riehl World View
Six Meat Buffet
Stupid Random Thoughts
The Ebb & Flow Institute
The Jawa Report
The Nose On Your Face
THE STEEL DEAL
Vince Aut Morire