But, being the honorable man that I am, plus the fact that I had to move up today's scheduled post to yesterday, meant that I have an opening. Lucky you, huh?
The last CD I bought was: I bought three at one time.
- Days of Future Passed by the Moody Blues (for me)
I have purchased this many, many times. They seem to disappear. But, I now have it again. I love this album.
- Lennon Legend by John Lennon (for me)
This is the third different version of John Lennon's greatest hits I've owned. I had Shaved Fish on 12" vinyl, and The John Lennon Collection on CD. I like John Lennon. And am still looking for the perfect John Lennon greatest hits collection.
- 50 Number Ones by George Strait (for the wife)
That's her music.
Song (CD) playing right now:
- Nothing is playing, but the last CD I played and intend to play again (it's still in the CD player) is Barry White - Greatest Hits. Do you really need to ask why? I didn't think so.
Five songs that I listen to a lot or that mean a lot to me:
- Symphony No. 9 Op. 125; Finale: Ode to Joy - Ludwig Van Beethoven
I could listen to this, or the entire Ninth Sympony, all day long. (Nights are for Barry White.)
- "The Dance" by Garth Brooks
This song can mean so many different things to different people. And it has meant so many different things to me at different times. Usually bad things, but with the remembrance of the good things that came with it or because of it.
- "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" sung by a stadium full of people.
That means I'm at a baseball game. That's where I would rather be.
- "Amazing Grace" on the bagpipes. Or sung by an on-key church congregation.
This will be played at my funeral. And they'll sing all the verses. All of them.
- "Happy Birthday" by the wife.
I really like it when she sings "Happy Birthday" to me. It's better than the Barry White CD.
Two I will tag (William Teach said three, but tracing the meme back, I see where it used to be two, and I'm a traditionalist):
Congratulations to you two. I hope you have as much fun as I do. And
thanks everyone for putting up with this meme. Did you learn anything?
I thought not.