- One box (approx. 12 oz.) of vanilla wafers
- One pound of candied cherries (red and/or green)
- One can (approx. 14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- One cup raisins
- One cup coconut
- One cup pecans
- Finely crush vanilla wafers. A food processor works great!
- In a large bowl, add the vanilla wafers, sweetened condensed milk.
- Hand mix until wafers are moistened.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix well by hand.
- Press mixture into a buttered tube pan.
- Refrigerate overnight, until firm.
Keep it refrigerated, as it will spoil. This isn't your traditional fruitcake. It's so, so much better!