The mainstream media is pretty convinced we bloggers are an unruly, vicious sort.
Why, as spacemonkey pointed out, even Ted Rall is questioning whether we're informed enough to have opinions of our own. And, when a piss-poor cartoonist is questioning your qualification to have opinions on political matters, you know you're in trouble.
I think it's time for all us bloggers to prove whether we really are qualified to have opinions. That's why I made...
The "Who The Hell Do You Think You Are?" Blogger Quiz
So here is the quiz and my answers.
- Who the hell do you think you are?
I am Basil. This is my blog.
- So, other than blogging, what's your job? Do you work at some fast food joint, dumbass?
There's a link at the top of the page that explains it. But, since this whole InterWeb appears to be confusing you, I'll read it for you.* * *There. I read it.
* * *
Oh. Okay. Here's what it says:
I'm a Client-Server Software Analyst for an Evil Corporation. It's fun work, bringing down society one person at a time.
I do not say the name of the company for which I work, since they are not associated with this blog. But, let me put it this way: There's a pretty good chance you may be impacted by the company, and possibly by my work.
- Do you have like any experience in journalism, idiot?
Well, about a quarter-century ago, before you grew hair in places you used to not have hair, I was sports director at one radio station in my hometown and news director at two radio stations (three, if you count the combined AM/FM station) there.
- Do you even read newspapers?
I love Dilbert. I read the local paper most days, but don't subscribe. They owe me several issues they never delivered that I had paid for. It's not worth the aggrivation dealing with them. I read several on-line papers.
- Do you watch any other news than FOX News propaganda, you ignorant fool?
Some local news sometimes. Dennis Miller on occasion. CNN if I'm in a hotel that doesn't get Fox (oh, and I don't stay in that hotel next time I'm in that town).
- I bet you're some moron talk radio listener too, huh?
I was told that I could listen to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven, I told Bill that if Sandra is going to listen to her headphones while she's filing then I should be able to listen to the radio while I'm collating so I don't see why I should have to turn down the radio because I enjoy listening at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.
- So, do you get a fax from the GOP each day for what to say, you @#$% Republican parrot?
Fax? I don't even know what my fax number is. I hear that I have one.
- Why do you and your blogger friends want to silence and fire everyone who disagrees with you, fascist?
Shut up. And get a job. And a haircut.
- Are you completely ignorant of other countries, or do you actually own a passport?
- Have you even been to another country, you dumb hick?
I've been to Canada, Scotland, France, Italy, Egypt, Kuwait, South Korea, Japan, California, Mississippi, and Atlanta. And I've had pizza in Kuwait, Korea, Canada, Egypt, California, and Atlanta.
- If you're so keen on the war, why haven't you signed up, chickenhawk?
6½ years in the Army. 24th ID, 2nd ID, 3rd ID. Never got a combat patch.
- Do you have any idea of the horrors of war? Have you ever reached into a pile of goo that was your best friend's face?
That's two questions, but here goes:
- I have an idea, but only an idea.
- No, but if you'll be my best friend, I will make it so that I can say "yes."
- Have you ever reached into any pile of goo?
No, but it sounds like fun!
- Once again, who the hell do you think you are?!
I am Basil. This is my blog.
I'd have posted something earlier, but I have a job. And only had time to do a little blogging at lunch. (I love my laptop!) Plus, I don't have a banker, a duck, a monkey, a blonde, a superhero, or anyone else writing it for me. Now I gotta go do headlines. And eat supper.