Paronto is ... scheduled to pitch tonight (Monday) and Wednesday .... (in the) first inning in each game between the Rome Braves and Columbus Catfish.
At first, it looked like the Columbus Catfish would face Atlanta Braves relief pitcher Chad Paronto, who is on the 15-day DL, twice during the series with the Rome Braves that starts tonight. But now it looks like that won't happen.
This afternoon, the Catfish got word to not look for Paronto in the lineup:
Atlanta has informed Rome that Chad Paronto will probably NOT be pitching against Columbus during this series.
It would have been the 2nd time this season the Catfish have faced a Major Leaguer in a rehab start. They faced Jon Lester of the Red Sox who pitched 4 innings in Greenville on April 10.
Other Braves fans ... or fans of area baseball other than Catfish fans ... might also be interested in the fact that the Rome roster also includes:
- Brandon Monk, IF, LaGrange, GA (just up the road a bit from Columbus)
- Deunte Heath, P, Decatur, GA (a bit further away)
- Josh Morris, IF, Cartersville, GA (north of Atlanta)
- Tyler Wilson, P, Andalusia, AL (south Alabama, 1/2 way between Montgomery and Ft. Walton Beach, FL)
- Kyle Cofield, P, Rainbow City, AL (near Gasden, 1/2 way between Rome and Birmingham)
There's another player from Georgia on the roster, but he's on the DL and likely won't play.
Often, families of players from the area will show up to the games to watch their sons, brothers, cousins, etc, play, particularly when it's closer to Columbus than it is to their player's team. We might get some families from Rome players at the games. They will often come down to near where our seats are to take pictures of the players, and we get the chance to talk with them. We may have that chance this home stand.