My post this morning was more of a thank you to people who had encouraged me during the first few days this blog has been up. I'm an old-timer now: 37 days. Got to start thinking about retirement. Maybe later.
Anyway, I spent this morning thanking some folks for encouraging me. And I want to thank others who haven't written, but still read. By the way, who is that at the Department of Justice that's checked the site out? Do I need to be watching the driveway? Anyhow, as a way of thanks, I want to give you a little chuckle, or encourage your brain cells to stimulate a little. It's the end of what's been a long week. We could use some stimulation and a good belly laugh.
So, surfing around, I found some posts you have GOT to check out.
- Frank J. at IMAO (I want to be him when I grow up) sets the record straight with "Blog Myths and Facts."
- Confederate Yankee has an idea for sealing the border. He's joking. I think.
- Iowahawk gives a report on the UN work in tsunami-ravaged Asia.
- Beth at MY Vast Right Wing Conspiracy, who's nearly as right-leaning as I am, sent me over to a great post at St. Monk. If you're left-leaning, you might want to skip it. But you shouldn't.
- RightWingDuck has some Tooth Fairy Ideas.
- ScrappleFace (who I also want to be when I grow up) addresses the recent court ruling on textbook stickers in Georgia.
- Tim Blair is still having fun at the expense of DailyKos.
- James Joyner of Outside The Beltway has some great satire entitled "Insurgents Winning in Israel"
Oh, and the funniest post of the day: Diane at Respublica is pulling for the Rams against the Falcons this weekend. All true Southerners should go to her site and educate her about the facts of life. Falcons 35, Rams 17. Go let her know.
Others I check daily haven't posted new stuff for today (or I missed it for some reason). They are, of course, still worth a read if you haven't seen their latest. Check out the "Required Reading" list on the right. And there is some really good stuff listed under "The Alliance of Free Blogs" a little further down on the right.
updated with clarification @ 2:55 PM