Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Update On The Big Sister (Who's 5'4" And Very Sore)

In case you missed it, she was injured in a traffic incident on Saturday. In a cemetery.

She went to see her doctor yesterday, and she was told that she seems to be okay. The doctor wanted her to come back later this week for a follow-up, but other than some bruising, everything appeared to be okay.

I didn't cover everything yesterday regarding the aftermath. This might be a good time.

Saturday night (the night of the injury), before she left the hospital, her husband "The Chief" (he's Chief of Police of a city in Georgia) arrived. He got there in pretty good time. It's nearly 90 miles from their town to the hometown where everything happened. He made it in pretty good time.

Anyway, The Chief got there and the two of them made their plans on how to handle the vehicle being fixed. They spent the night at her parents' house and the next morning had everything planned.

The Little Sister (who's 6'0") and her husband "The Big Bossman" (he's a prison guard in Florida) and their daughter were taking the van to Waycross to be fixed. Since Waycross is pretty much on the way from the hometown to their home in Florida, that worked out.

The Wife and I took the Big Sister (who's 5'4" and very sore) to her house, since it wasn't far out of the way for us. She was unable to climb up in The Chief's truck, and a car ride was more comfortable for her, so we did the transportation.

When we got her home, she was starting to be hungry, and she wanted Chicken McNuggets. We set her up in her recliner with her telephones (home phone and cell phone), a drink (Diet Coke), the remote, and a Star Trek movie. Then we went to McDonald's, get her stuff, and brought it back.

When she started eating, she realized how hungry she was. She felt better.

The Little Sister (who's 6'0") and The Bossman called. Since the dealership was closed on Sunday, they needed to know how she wanted the van handled. The dealership in Waycross was easy to reach (after-hours pager), called her back quickly, and helped with instructions on leaving the vehicle and keys. I wish I knew the name of the place. The Big Sister (who's 5'4" and very sore) is very pleased with their service. That's why she bought her van from them, nearly 150 miles from her house.

Shortly after that, we left.

Monday, I spoke with her, and she told me about the visit to the doctor and the planned follow-up. She was eating when I called her. I could hear the sounds of the restaurant.

She was feeling well enough to go in and sit down to eat, which to me, was a good sign. She felt well enough to do that.

Thanks to everyone who has left words of encouragement along with thoughts and prayers. They are much appreciated.

She seems to be improving greatly. And I'm glad.

I'll soon be able to pick on her again!


  1. So glad she's doing better. I know about recovering from vehicle accidents.

  2. Great news!

    So when's the safe time to start picking again?

  3. Wow, I'm really glad to hear this. Keep us posted.


Please choose a Profile in "Comment as" or sign your name to Anonymous comments. Comment policy