Alright, I've done other bad things, but this is one bad thing in particular I need to make good.
In December, I was tagged with a meme. And I didn't participate.
No, I don't have to participate in silly memes, but because someone thought enough to tag me, I need to repay the compliment (or insult, whichever) by playing along.
Not that you have to. No, not by any means. That's just how I feel about it.
Anyway, I was tagged and didn't play. That's bad thing number one. Or 1A.
You see, the other bad thing I did was forget who tagged me.
I've thought of another bad thing. I didn't click my blogroll and check all the posts on all the sites until I found the blog that tagged me and what it was about.
So, if you tagged me, let me know. Comment, TrackBack, or e-mail. Just let me know. I want to make it right.
As a way of penance (Baptists can do penance, right?) I'm going to do a couple of memes. But not tag anyone. Since I wasn't tagged by these, and since those that did these didn't tag anyone. But I'm attempting to make things right. In my own special way.
Jack Grant (Randon Fate) did this back in October.
What were three of the stupidest things you have done in your life?
- Run with an axe. I nearly lost a finger and still have a nasty scar.
- Listened to loud music (or music loudly). I have a hearing loss because of it.
- Didn't take my first year of college seriously. It took me years to overcome what I lost that year.
At the current moment, who has the most influence in your life?
- George Massey. I worked with George years ago. I don't even know if he's alive now. But he told me during a disagreement that he didn't want to hear 50 reasons why something couldn't be done, but one way something could be done. That taught me that there's a way to do most anything that needs to be done. I never forgot that.
If you were given a time machine that functioned, and you were allowed to only pick up to five people to dine with, who would you pick?
- My deceased maternal grandfather.
- My deceased paternal grandmother.
- My deceased paternal grandfather.
- My deceased nephew.
- My deceased father-in-law (who I never met).
If you had three wishes that were not supernatural, what would they be?
- Financial security for the children.
- A long, happy life for the children.
- Live to see the grandchildren grown.
Name two things you regret your city not having, and two things people should avoid.
- Loyal sports fans
- Good barbeque (I do not like what passes for barbeque here)
- Asking me stupid questions
- Most other drivers on the highway (if you cannot get a driver's license anywhere else, they'll let you drive here)
Name one thing that has changed your life.
Keep the virus alive. Swap spit with five hotties.
- No, since I wasn't sent this, I won't send it on. I'm doing it as penance, remember? But if you want to run with it, by all means...
Another meme I'm doing as penance is one I found at Naked Villany last week:
FOUR JOBS YOU'VE HAD IN YOUR LIFE
- Radio news director
- Electronics salesman
- Truckstop manager
FOUR MOVIES YOU COULD WATCH OVER AND OVER
FOUR BOOKS YOU COULD READ AGAIN & AGAIN
- The New Oxford Annotated Bible with the Apocrypha, Revised Standard Version, Expanded Edition
- Without Remorse - Tom Clancy
- Jurassic Park - Michael Crichton
- I, Robot - Isaac Asimov
FOUR CITIES/PLACES YOU'VE LIVED IN
- Jacksonville, FL
- Gainesville, FL
- Valdosta, GA
- Phenix City, AL
FOUR TV SHOWS YOU LOVE TO WATCH
- The Shield
- Star Trek
FOUR PLACES YOU'VE BEEN ON VACATION
- Niagara Falls
- Las Vegas
- New Orleans
- Washington, DC
FOUR WEBSITES YOU VISIT DAILY
- Pyjamas Media
- Pajamas Mediocrity
- Public Eye
FOUR OF YOUR FAVORITE FOODS
FOUR PLACES YOU'D RATHER BE RIGHT NOW
- At a baseball game
- At a football game
- At the beach
- In bed
So, I consider my penance paid for forgetting the memes. But I still owe a meme. This was just the interest on the debt.
Anyway, If you've tagged me for a meme and I failed to follow through, please leave a comment, a TrackBack, or e-mail me the link. I'll make it good.