There's a Book Meme making the rounds, and phin has tagged me with it. phin got it from Oddybobo of Bobo Blogger who got it from Harvey of Bad Example who got it from Contagion of Miasmatic Review who got it from Boudicca of Boudicca's Voice who got it from Eric of Straight White Guy who got it from Reilly of Uptown Girl who got it from Grumpy Bunny who got it from Kandice of Kandy's Dish who got it from Amanda of Human Oddities (and Mishaps) who got it from Barrie from The Pink Bee who swallowed the spider to catch the fly and I don't know why she ...
Wait. That's not right. Well, the history of the Meme is correct. Anyway, it's my first time being tagged or being passed the stick or whatever the right term is. Anyway, it's time for me to answer the questions and such.
You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?
- Well, it's confession time. I never read that book. Now, I do know that the title refers to the temperature at which paper burns and there are Firemen that start fires but that's about it. I'm not sure I fully understand the question. What's with the "stuck inside" phrase? Does that mean something special? Or is it a Bush-hater word? So, I don't understand the question. Sorry.
Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
- I don't think so. Unless you count the Leather Goddesses of Phobos. But you're talking about in a book, not a computer game. So it would have to be Mrs. Marple ... uh, I mean, uh, Amy from "Congo" ... uh, no, that's not right. Uh. I guess not. Although it wasn't a crush, I had very strong emotions concerning the girl in "The Cold Equations." If you haven't read it, you don't understand.
The last book you bought is:
- The SuSE Linux Network but since then I won a Frank J. contest and picked "A National Party No More" by Zell Miller, so take your pick which answer you like.
The last book you read:
- "Uncle John's Absolutely Absorbing Bathroom Reader." You don't want to know any more about the circumstances of my reading it.
What are you currently reading?
- This post. Oh, what book? "Wearing of This Garment Does Not Enable You to Fly."
Five books you would take to a deserted island.
The Bible (New International Version preferred, but New Revised Standard a close second)
- FM 21-76
- SAS Survival Handbook
- The Complete Works of William Shakespeare
- Asimov's Chronology of the World
Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?
- Beth of MY Vast Right Wing Conspiracy. She will have some interesting or surprising picks, and her reasons will be fun to read.
- The Therapist. He's nuts.
- Joe of aTypicalJoe: While on the opposite of the political spectrum from me, he'll have some interesting — and quite possibly, surprising — picks.
To be honest, I could have picked several others to send these to who would make very good, funny, thought-provoking, or just plain weird reading. And that's what the Internet is all about, isn't it.